Registration is closed. Deadline was March 31, 2017.
We warmly welcome all volunteers at the Deafblind International’s (DbI) European Conference 2017. The conference takes place in Aalborg, Denmark on 4-8 September 2017.
As a volunteer at the conference, you will:
- meet new people
- have the possibility to use your language skills
- get the possibility to enhance your network
- get new insight and knowledge within the field of deafblindness
At the conference, you will meet lots of different nationalities, several different ways of communication and many people to attend to. The group of volunteers is a very important part of the conference in order to create a good atmosphere and a good experience for the participants. You want to make a difference to the conference participants by:
- enjoying meeting new faces
- showing the way around at the conference venue, Aalborg Kongres & Kultur Center (AKKC)
- being around to assist with whatever is needed (from walking guide dogs to booking tables at restaurants)
- taking initiative and get into action
- having a general knowledge about computers and app’s and assisting the participants to make good use of the conference app
- having a good overview (list of participants, programmes etc.)
As a volunteer, you will take shifts (one or more) during the programme from 4 September until 8 September 2017. The shifts will be agreed with you well ahead of the conference starts.
At the conference, we will provide you with a t-shirts and meals during your shifts. You will be able to listen to some plenary speeches or workshops (to be agreed beforehand).
Unfortunately, we will not be able to cover your hotel and travel costs.
We need to receive your application as soon as possible and not later than 31 March 2017.
Please contact Anders Rundh, who is in charge of the volunteers, if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
PS: Several of the text spaces in the submission form below can be extended by pulling the triangle in the lower right corner. However, this can not be done in some internet browsers, e.g. Internet Explorer.
PPS: You will recieve an "Submission confirmed"-email when you have submittet your proposal successfully. If you somehow do not recieve any confirmation email, please contact the webadministrator at email@example.com.